At Welholme, our maths has at its core the following seven key principles:
· To inspire enjoyment of maths
· To assist in developing children’s conceptual understanding of maths
· To help raise levels of attainment for every child
· To provide a rigorous and cohesive scope and sequence of the primary maths curriculum, while at the same time allowing for schools’ own curriculum design
· To promote the most effective pedagogical methods in the teaching of mathematics
· To offer manageable strategies for effective diagnostic, formative and summative assessment, to inform planning
· To strengthen the home/school link.