Music at Welholme Academy
At Welholme, we aim to develop a love of music and make the learning an enjoyable experience for all.
At Welholme, we are committed to ensuring that our children understand the value and importance of music within school, the wider community and in British culture. And that they are able to use their musical skills, knowledge and experiences to involve themselves in music in a variety of ways.
To develop the curiosity for the subject, as well of the understanding and acceptance of the validity and importance of all types of music.
And an unbiased respect for the role that music may wish to be expressed in any person’s life.
Music lessons can be linked to the current topic being taught or are stand alone, discreet lessons.
We encourage all children to take part in lessons that cover the aims of The National Curriculum:
Key Stage One
• use their voices expressively and creatively
• play tuned and untuned instruments musically
• listen with concentration and understanding
• experiment with, create, select and combine sounds
Key Stage Two
• play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing
musical instruments with increasing accuracy, fluency, control and expression
• improvise and compose music for a range of purposes
• listen with attention to detail and recall sounds with increasing aural memory
• use and understand staff and other musical notations
• appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music
drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians
• develop an understanding of the history of music.
Music Curriculum Intent
Please click here to view the Music Twitter feed.